Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Invited Teacher Series - Introduction to Trauma Aware Meditation - Chaplain Linda Palmer
Due to the increase of COVID in our county, Sunday Programs will be held on Zoom only (no in-person attendance) until case numbers and hospitalizations are on a downward trajectory.
Linda will discuss trauma aware meditation. Here is some information about her experiences and qualifications:
- Buddhist Chaplain, California PCA Badge #7713 (BTW - I offer Chaplaincy training & certification)
- Certified First Responder Chaplain and Trainer in: Crisis Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD), Workplace Homeostasis (WPH), Crisis Chaplaincy (Red Cross, FEMA)
- Lay Leader Rissho Kosei Kai CA Central Coast Branch & Online Sangha
- Meditation training by Thai Forest Monk (4 years), Rinzai Zen Abbot (2 years, ongoing), numerous meditation & mindfulness certificate programs
- Survivor of both acute and chronic traumatic events:
- 2 Hurricanes, 3 earthquakes, multiple workplace deaths
- Workplace harassment Issues (“lonely only”)
- Spousal abuse, Vietnam Veteran Shadow “PTSD” victim
Join on Zoom
- Meeting ID:599 251 806
- Password: WHS
Sunday, January 23, 2022, 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
Registration is not Required