Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
"Rededication of the Sangha" - Corey McIntyre
After 15 months of COVID-driven, Zoom-only Sunday meetings, we are re-opening our Center on Sunday, June 20!
Schedule for June 20:
Tea set-up will begin at 5:00 PM and be available until 6:00 when meditation will start.
The Re-Dedication Program will include beginning and ending periods of meditation, a couple of short talks, a “fire-bowl” ceremony and group chanting of the Metta Sutta.
The program will end between 7:15 and 7:30.
This will be a hybrid program - if you cannot make it in person you can join on zoom.
The White Heron Sangha Executive Committee is working out a staged re-opening based on maximizing safety, taking into account both the scientific and psychological comfort levels.
Below and on our website under Documents is the protocol that we are implementing at this time. In the coming months, the protocol will be updated as we learn more.
Summer Stage Protocol for the White Heron Sangha Meditation Center
1. Those who are fully vaccinated and free of any physical symptoms of communicable illness may attend in person; those who are not fully vaccinated or are ill, are asked to attend by Zoom.
2. Masks will not be required either outside or inside the Center; however, they may be worn if desired, without explanation.
3. Tea will be provided outside both before and after the Sunday evening program, and all food/beverage service will be provided. Attendees are asked NOT to bring food to share on site. (Overflow from gardens/orchards may be brought for take-home sharing.)
4. Conversation may occur outside the Meditation Center, with respect for each other’s personal space needs. Inside the Center, please observe Noble Silence and greet by bowing only.
5. Seating in the Center will be on chairs only – no cushions at this time. There will be some space between chairs. Chairs may be moved closer together if both attendees agree.
6. Current protocol will be posted. Enforcement is entrusted to your practice of the Eight-Fold Path.
7. Hand sanitizing is encouraged upon entering the Center.
8. Bathrooms will be available for use.
9. To avoid congestion, please enter through double doors at the back of the Center and exit through the single door at the front.
If you have any questions or concerns about the plans for re-opening, please let me know.
Sharon Rippner, Chair of the WHS Executive Committee
Join on Zoom
- Meeting ID:599 251 806
- Password: WHS
Most of our expenses continue, even though we are meeting online. If you can afford it during these difficult times, please make a contribution to White Heron Sangha. Thank you!
Sunday, June 20, 2021, 5:00 PM until 7:30 PM
Online Main Hall
6615 Bay Laurel Place
Avila Beach, CA
Registration is not Required